The Zoning Ordinance provides for a Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) that hears appeals dealing with zoning matters.
The BZA has 3 main functions:
- To Interpret the zoning ordinance when it is alleged that department staff have made an error.
- To review special exceptions and to grant Conditional Use permits under terms of the ordinance.
- To grant Variances from specific terms of the ordinance where special conditions are present to warrant such variances.
Applications to bring items to the board must be submitted and reviewed by staff no later than 30 days prior to the meeting.
Fees for Board of zoning and appeals business are as follows:
- $200 for an interpretation, conditional use, or variance application
- $500 if applying for a variance or conditional use after construction.
*Fees are to be paid prior to any action taken on the application
Contact Community Development staff at (615) 380 8618 prior to submitting any applications.
A copy of the Zoning Ordinance may be purchased from the department at a cost of $30.