Contractors Requirements

The City of Springfield Community Development & Planning Department requires that any person requesting and submitting for a Building Permit Application, Mechanical Permit Application, or a Sign Permit Application must present a valid, current Tennessee Contractor's License (Ref. T.C.A. 62-6-103) along with a current Certificate of Insurance with both General Liability (Ref. Rules of Tennessee Board for Licensing Contractors Chapter 0680-6 General Liability Insurance) and Worker's Compensation (Ref. T.C.A. 13-7-211).  Please contact Samantha Johnson at 615-380-8618 with any questions.