Hotel/Motel Permit & Tax

If you own a short-term rental property in the city limits of Springfield, TN, and you rent it out through a marketplace such as Airbnb, VRBO, etc., your occupancy tax is paid via the State of Tennessee. If you rent out your property independently, you are required to file a monthly occupancy tax report and submit monthly occupancy tax payments to the City of Springfield.