I had a leak, can I get an adjustment?
City ordinance 92-13 allows for adjustment of water and sewer bills because of water leaks on the customer’s side of the water meter. Adjustments may be given for excess water usage caused by faulty plumbing on the customer’s premises. The amount of adjustment is limited to 25% of 2 consecutive high bills. Proof that the leak has been repaired must be presented in the form of a plumber’s repair bill or receipt showing purchase of repair parts.

Sewer charges may be adjusted also. Adjustments on the customer side of the meter will be limited to 2 consecutive billing period adjustments in any 12 month period, and will be made to the water and sewer portion of the bill only.

Electric and Gas bills are only adjusted if there is an incorrect meter reading.

Show All Answers

1. Can I change my due date?
2. How long past the due date do I have to pay my bill?
3. Can I make a payment over the phone?
4. I have not received a bill? / Why do I have a bill due after I have moved?
5. I had a leak, can I get an adjustment?
6. What is the charge to have service connected?
7. When do I get my deposits back?
8. My check / draft was returned, can you run it back through?
9. What if my due date falls on a weekend or a holiday?
10. How do I register my pitbull dog?