Looking to open a business in Springfield? Fill out one of the following and submit to Community Development for review.
Use & Occupancy Permit
Temporary Vendor Permit
Items to be submitted with Temporary Vendor Permit*:
- A background check from TBI (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation) no older than 30 days.
- A $1,000 bond must be on file with City Clerk or Community Development Department.
- Link to Transient Vendor requirements from Title 9, Chapter 2 of the Municipal Code of Springfield, TN
*Local Farmers are exempt from Background Check and Bond requirements.
City of Springfield, TN Sign Ordinance
Permanent Sign Permit
Temporary Sign Permit
Temporary Signs Permitted without a permit - Info Sheet
Real Estate Signs
- Limited to 1 sign per property
- Not to exceed 6 feet in height and 4 square feet in residential zones or 8 square feet in commercial zones
- Must be removed within 7 days of settlement or lease of property.
- May be displayed in any district
- Not to exceed 16 square feet.
- May be placed 75 days before event and removed within 7 days of event.
- Cannot be displayed in City or State right of ways.
Prohibited Signs - Info Sheet
For all bonding and surety questions contact Kimberly Atlee, Senior Planner at (615) 382 2200.